Monday, August 2, 2010

Marty and God

I'd like to tell you a little about Martys history with God in hopes that it may help someone out there. Marty was raised with two very religious parents. His Mother a very sweet woman and his Father very stern who insisted you WILL learn the Bible, you WILL go to Church ect. So as an adult Marty has never wanted to hear anything about God. He rolled his eyes, changed the subject, or simply walked away to avoid God and anything pertaining to God. After being told he had Cancer Marty tried to believe but still he shuned God, however, as his disease progressed he began to ask me questions about God, tell me things such as he never felt God wanted him. Marty said when he was younger he went to the alter every church service and he begged God to save him. He said he cried and begged for forgivness, but God never heard him, God never responded and he never felt any different. Marty expected fireworks, he expected a change so massive no one could miss the fact he was saved. I explained (the way I believe) that it doesn't happen that way. That you start as a baby in Christ a newborn, that you grow and become stronger as you walk the path of a christian. Also, that the Devil will lie to him and tell him God doesn't want him, that he isn't saved and how worthless he is. Marty began asking more and more questions and I explained them as best I could and as I was taught. Marty mentioned a few things he had done in the past, nothing criminal or ungodly let me add, I told him that once he asked God for forgiveness and truly ment it from the heart that God forgave him and his sins was as removed from him as far as the East is from the West never to be remembered anymore. I also reminded him that the Bible says there is only one unforgivable sin and asked him what it was and he replied "blasphemy of the Holy Ghost" in which I asked have you done that? He replied no. Although Marty has suffered during his Chemo treatments but he hasn't suffered as much as he could have, because I believe God has watched over him. I say he hasn't suffered as much as he could have because we have seen and talked to people who were taking the treatments and heard the violent vomiting of others, in which Marty was sick once and was nauseous a LOT. Now I believe Marty walks with God, maybe it has taken this to bring him to God I've no idea only God knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment