Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Funeral Arrangements and more 08/04/2010

I think everyone has figured out by now that I am June, Martys wife of 15 years. Also I am almost blind, not completely but close. I told you the story of how the employee's of Lowes help with the insurance crisis, but I didn't tell you how someone kept a Taxi paid in advance so I could go where needed without having to walk. I do know that Johnny Bates took care of that but unsure of who or whom helped. Also I'd like to mention a couple of people Marty considers a great friend as well as I, who also worked at lowes at one time. Jack Franklin and wife Diana and Allen Layton and wife Deb. From the depths of my heart I want to say thank you and may God keep you and yours in his hands. Funeral arrangements have been made at Goff Funeral Home in Monterey TN. Due to the fact most of the people Marty worked with works days, visitation will be from 5pm to 7pm with the service to begin at 7pm (same evening) then anyone who wants to or can go to the cemetery can meet there the next day. Marty will be exactly as everyone is used to seeing him, T-shirt, shorts and his signed Lowes vest. Marty wasn't a suit and tie kind of guy he wanted to be himself and thats how he will be. Anyone who would like to say a few words at Martys service please feel free to do so. Brother Randy Bilbrey will be holding Marty's service. Randy and Gina Bilbrey have been our friends for many a year and we love them dearly. If I have left anyone out i'm sorry it was unintensional. My mind is a bit overwhelmed.

2 comments:

  1. I want to commend you on the care you are giving Marty. I know how the family suffers right along with the patient. Even tho this is a most difficult journey, you have done a great job. I know the sacrifices you have made to be sure Marty is well cared for, and I also know that if roles were reversed, he would do the same for you. I am so proud of you for what you've been able to accomplish to make Martys time quality time. Love you sis, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. June and Marty, We just want to experess how much Marty means to us, and that we enjoyed the time we got to work with him. He is a Great person, with a wonderful personality, and makes the best peanut butter balls we've ever eaten. (LOL I know he would appreciate that I mention that) We will truely miss him and pray for his comfort in these final moments you have with him. Please know that we are thinking of you everyday and love you both.

    ReplyDelete